Let Us Do the Driving
TheBus and Metrobus
You'll find an extensive bus system in Prince George's County that connects you to work, school, shopping, appointments, entertainment, and additional transportation options.
- Prince George's County TheBus offers nearly 30 routes and operates between 6:00am-6:30pm, Monday-Friday, with Saturday service on 13 of our major routes.
- Check out PGC Connect for real-time tracking of your bus and trip planning assistance - get the app for free for Android or iOS (coming soon!) or visit the PGC Connect website.
- Metrobus offers approximately 50 routes throughout the county with service seven days a week. Visit their website for routes, schedules, and to plan your trip.
*Use your SmarTrip card or SmarTrip mobile app for Metro and TheBus services!
*Do you have a bike? Metrobus and TheBus vehicles are equipped with front-loading racks that hold two bikes. There is no additional cost to bring your bike on these transit services.
Additional Local Bus Service
- Commuter buses, operated by MD Department of Transportation, are offered at select locations serving Accokeek, Suitland, Upper Marlboro, and College Park.
- Regional Transportation Agency of Central Maryland also offers some options in Laurel, Beltsville, and Greenbelt on weekdays and weekends.
On-Demand and Accessible Transit Options
If you live in or travel around Accokeek, Fort Washington, or Oxon Hill, be sure to check out PGC Link, your low-cost, curb-to-curb, on-demand microtransit option!
Commuter Program Savings
The 2022 limit for pre-tax and/or subsidized public or private transit benefits is $280 per month.
Make sure you take full advantage of any commuter savings offered through your employer! Talk to your Human Resources or Benefits Manager today to enroll or ask them to start a program!
If you're an employer, set up your transit benefits program today - use the free SmartBenefits platform, or if you use a third party administrator for employee benefits, ask if they can also administer transportation benefits. Remember - employers can earn 50% of the cost of providing a subsidy back through the MD Commuter Tax Credit. Check out our employer benefits page for more information.
Guaranteed Ride Home
If you use transit for your commute, make sure you enroll in the free Guaranteed Ride Home program - if you have a personal or family emergency while at work, or unscheduled overtime, you can get a free ride home.
Advanced registration is required - sign up before you need it at www.commuterconnections.org.